Forward Education Trust believes that the development of our workforce is paramount to the success of our Trust in achieving our vision and values. We believe we need the right people, with the right skills, in the right place to support our Trust wide strategic priorities.
A talented and aligned workforce is crucial to ensuring we can bring to life our strategic priorities and ensure we successfully deliver on our objectives.
Getting it right enables us to -
- Deliver our Trust objectives and therefore make a difference to the children within our Trust family
- Be a place that people want to come and work at, and be the best they can be
- Be as effective and as productive as possible as an organisation
- Create greater staff engagement, retention and lower levels of stress
- Create a highly skilled agile and innovative workforce
- Be as cost effective as possible
What are our workforce development priorities?
- Staff recruitment, retention and engagement - making sure that we have the right people, we keep them, they know what the organisations objectives are and what is expected of them to meet these objectives
- Developing our leaders for today and tomorrow - making sure our leaders share and demonstrate FET’s leadership vision through their leadership behaviours and are equipped with the skills and knowledge to lead our staff effectively.
- Operational effectiveness - have effective review processes in place to ensure we operate as effectively and efficiently as possible
- Creativity / innovation - engaging staff in how we can do things better and differently to ensure that everything we do meets the needs of our children.
- Managing changes effectively - ensuring staff feel empowered and supported to make and sustain agreed changes
What does this look like in practice?
Staff working within our Trust have access to a range of professional development.
- High quality induction
- Annual appraisal or professional development review to discuss and identify professional development needs
- Access to our Trust Leadership Development Programme
- Access to a range of professional development
- Regular professional discussion with colleagues