SEN Class/ Science Teacher
|Description||SEN Class/ Science Teacher|
|Location||High Point Academy, Friar Park Road, Wednesbury, WS10 0JS|
|Salary||MPS/UPS plus 1 SEN Allowance|
|Contract||Full Time / Permanent|
High Point Academy specialises in the education of secondary-aged pupils with autism and moderate learning difficulties. The school has high standards of teaching and learning and is committed to ensuring that all pupils achieve their full potential.
We are looking for a highly effective creative and inspirational classroom practitioner to join High Point Academy, part of Forward Education Trust, a rapidly growing Multi Academy Trust established in 2017 serving special schools across the West Midland area. The successful candidate will be a highly skilled classroom teacher who is enthusiastic and motivated to help our students develop and reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous teaching experience and skills of working with children across at least two key stages including the secondary phase.
- Have experience of working with children with complex autism and communication difficulties
- Have QTS status
- Be a team player
We can offer you:
- A commitment to support you in developing new skills through a wide range of professional development opportunities and experiences.
- The opportunity to make a huge contribution to the education and lives of children who respond very positively to high quality teaching and support.
- A friendly and inclusive working environment.
You will offer us:
- Your considerable skill as an outstanding teacher who has experience of working with children with special needs.
- Your commitment to engaging and inspiring our pupils, and the ability to make a real difference to their learning and general well-being.
- Your flexibility, commitment and excellent interpersonal skills.
If you feel you possess these qualities, are passionate about working alongside pupils with SEND and would like to shape their futures at a progressive school, then we would like to hear from you.
Closing Date for Applications: Monday, 17 January 2022 at 9am
Interview Date: Friday, 21 January 2022
To apply, please download a Trust application form, complete it in full and submit via the website or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Please note that only Forward Education Trust application forms will be accepted, we will not read accompanying CVs. Enhanced DBS clearance, Disqualification (regulations) 2009, and prohibition checks if overseas trained required. Certificate of good conduct will need to be obtained if applicable prior to interview. If you do not hear from the school within 14 days of returning your application form to us, please assume that your application has not been shortlisted.
Forward Education Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate must promote this ethos.