SEN Teacher (Maternity Cover until Aug 2022)
|Description||SEN Teacher (Maternity Cover until August 2022)|
|Location||Leycroft Academy, Gressel Lane, Birmingham, B33 9UF|
|Closing Date||31/01/22 at 09:00am|
|Salary||MPS/UPS plus 1 SEN Allowance|
|Contract||Full Time / Temporary until August 2022|
We are looking for a highly effective creative and inspirational classroom practitioner to join Leycroft Academy, part of Forward Education Trust, a growing Multi Academy Trust established in 2017 serving special schools across the West Midland area. The successful candidate will be a highly skilled classroom teacher who is enthusiastic and motivated to help our students develop and reach their full potential.
Leycroft Academy has recently de-amalgamated having previously been part of Brays School; this new school specialises in the education of primary-aged pupils with a diagnosis on the Autistic Spectrum. The school has high standards of teaching and learning and is committed to ensuring that all pupils achieve their full potential.
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous teaching experience and skills of working with children across at least two key stages
- Have experience of working with children with complex autism and communication difficulties
- Have QTS status
- Be a team player
We can offer you:
- A commitment to support you in developing new skills through a wide range of professional development opportunities and experiences.
- The opportunity to make a huge contribution to the education and lives of children who respond very positively to high quality teaching and support.
- A friendly and inclusive working environment.
What we are looking for:
- Considerable skill as an outstanding teacher who has experience of working with children with special needs.
- Commitment to engaging and inspiring our pupils, and the ability to make a real difference to their learning and general well-being.
- Flexibility, commitment and excellent interpersonal skills.
Closing Date: Monday 31 January 2022 at 9am
To apply, please download a Trust application form, complete it in full and submit via the website or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Trust may review applications upon receipt and may call applicants for interview prior to the advert closing date. Therefore, you are encouraged to make an early application for this role and we reserve the right to close the vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Please note that only Forward Education Trust applications will be accepted, we will not read accompanying CVs or accept them in place of an application form. Enhanced DBS clearance, Disqualification (regulations) 2009, and prohibition checks if overseas trained required. Certificate of good conduct will need to be obtained if applicable prior to interview. If you do not hear from the school within 14 days of returning your application form to us, please assume that your application has not been shortlisted.
Forward Education Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate must promote this ethos.