|Location||Lea Hall Academy, Hallmoor Road, Birmingham, B33 9QY|
|Closing Date||31/01/22 @ 09:00am|
|Salary||MPS/UPS plus 1 SEN Allowance|
|Contract||Full Time / Permanent|
We are looking for a highly effective creative and inspirational classroom practitioner to join Lea Hall Academy, part of Forward Education Trust, a rapidly growing Multi Academy Trust established in 2017 serving special schools across the West Midland area. Lea Hall is a special school for up to 90 boys between the ages of 5 and 13 with Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs. Some of the children also have diagnoses of ASD and ADHD.
All of our pupils have an Education Health and Care Plan which indicates the key target areas of child development. Teachers are supported by experienced teaching assistants to ensure that our children make expected progress against those targets.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a highly skilled classroom teacher who is enthusiastic and motivated to help our students develop and reach their full potential.
- Have some experience of supporting and teaching pupils with SEMH needs
- Be able to work collaboratively with support staff and senior leaders in order to plan and deliver high quality educational provision for our young people.
- Be empathetic to the complex needs of our pupils and also resilient to challenge; understanding that at times our pupils can display challenging behaviours which are a result of their special needs.
We can offer you:
- A commitment to support you in developing new skills through a wide range of professional development opportunities and experiences
- The opportunity to make a huge contribution to the education and lives of children who respond very positively to high quality teaching
- A dedicated leadership team committed to supporting our staff
You will offer us:
- A Teacher who is motivated and enthusiastic who has experience of working with children with special needs.
- Your commitment to engaging and inspiring our pupils and the ability to make a real difference to their learning.
- Your flexibility, commitment, and excellent interpersonal skills.
To apply, please download a Trust application form, complete it in full and submit via the website or via email to email@example.com
Please note that only Forward Education Trust Application forms will be accepted via our online portal; we will not read accompanying Curriculum Vitae (CV) or accept them in place of an application form.
Forward Education Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate must promote this ethos. Enhanced DBS clearance is required for this post.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.