Job Title: Director of School Improvement, Forward Education Trust
Place of Work: Forward Education Trust Offices
Position/Hours: Full Time 36.5hrs
Some flexible working by prior arrangement considered around the core hours of 10a.m – 4p.m. Hours must support the needs of the business. Some attendance at evening meetings required.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Salary: The salary for this post is a spot point falling within the region of c£60k-£80k (depending on experience and skills)
Address: Forward Education Trust, Head Office currently based within Brays School, Tile Cross, Leycroft Avenue Birmingham. B33 9UF
About the post:
The new post of Director of School Improvement is an exciting new opportunity within the Trust to work within our newly established Executive Team. Our Trust supports the delivery of educational excellence to children with Special Educational Needs across a range of settings within and beyond Birmingham. The Trust is growing and expanding and this role will develop alongside a wider Executive Team.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated educationalist as a member of our Executive Team to develop our school improvement services.
The role is directly accountable to the Chief Executive Office for the implementation of school improvement strategies that achieve the highest outcomes for children.
We are incredibly proud of our Multi Academy Trust and the potential it has to further improve standards of education for all children no matter what their starting point or their background. The Trust board is highly ambitious and committed and we are looking for an individual who shares the same values and ethos.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate will be dynamic and capable of winning trust and raising standards across Forward Education Trust and beyond and will bring the following:
• Experience of raising standards, both as a successful Head Teacher/Principal or in a wider senior leadership role, this could be as a member of a local/regional/national school improvement team (or equivalent).
• Recent experience of having led, or significantly contributed to, the success of schools.
• A demonstrable record of driving strong academic outcomes through systems and processes.
• Knowledge of how to operationalise a vision which brings about a culture of high performance across a range of schools including those facing challenge or complex issues.
• Experience of working with school leaders in a variety of settings, including primary and secondary.
• Demonstrable experience of working with schools and MATs and in utilising the expertise of Teaching Schools through system led improvement.
• Have a strong grasp of the current educational landscape, including keeping on top of latest trends and innovation in the enhancement of education provision, both in the classroom and outside it.
• Ability to demonstrate a genuine resonance with the Trust’s mission and values.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following individual characteristics:
• The ability to build trusting relationships, and establish credibility, including with education practitioners, leaders and governors/sponsors.
• Outstanding interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
• Personal resilience and tenacity with the ability to see things through and work through challenges.
• A high level of energy, stamina and flexibility.
• A child centred approach.
• Commitment to a strong, open culture of accountability; a person of integrity.
• A genuine passion for improving the life chances of children and young people through education and experiences.
Further details including the application form please visit our website http://www.fet.ac/vacancies/ or contact Baljit Supra- PA to CEO, Forward Education Trust on 07718 453 473.
The closing date for applications is Noon, Tuesday 18th March 2019.
Please click on the link to apply!