Teaching Assistant SCP £17,007 to £19,446 + SEN Allowance, pro rata
Permanent, Term Time Only, 32.5 hours per week
The Bridge School, Coppice View Road, Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham, B73 6UE
Tel: 0121 464 8265 Email: email@example.com
Head Teacher: Sarah Kelly
Required Easter 2019
Forward Education Trust is a newly formed Multi Academy Trust comprising of Brays School, The Bridge School and Hallmoor School in Birmingham which academised on the 1st April 2017.
All of the children who attend The Bridge School have a Statement of Special Educational Need or an Education and Health Care Plan. Our school educates 90 children with complex and multiple needs. Children may have Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) or a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Some children have additional needs including visual impairment and hearing impairment and behaviour difficulties. Children attending our school will usually require augmented and modified curriculum opportunities including an overarching mobility curriculum and a sensory experiential curriculum for our more profound learners. The Bridge School underpins all of its curriculum delivery through continually developing its communication work so that pupils may access their learning in a way personalised to their needs.
We are passionate about meeting the needs of those children with the most complex needs. Our staff provide a caring and safe learning environment and work in partnership with our parents and carers to ensure that all our children are able to reach their full potential.
We are looking for an applicant with the following attributes to work within our school:
• Builds positive relationships and is a role model for the children
• Supports the aspirational ethos of the school
• Has high expectations of pupils and themselves
• Be able to inspire, challenge and motivate all children to achieve
• Have a commitment to working strategically as part of a team to improve standards of teaching and learning
• Have the confidence, skills and abilities to lead and manage intervention
• Ideally you will have recent relevant experience in supporting and assisting pupils with medical or special needs.
We can offer you:
• A commitment to support you in developing new skills through a wide range of professional development opportunities and experiences
• The opportunity to make a huge contribution to the education and lives of children who respond very positively to high quality teaching.
• A positive, welcoming environment
• Real opportunities to contribute to the learning development of pupils
• Supportive Governor and Staff Team
Closing Date: Wednesday 3 April 2019 at 12 mid-day
Interview dates to be confirmed
For further details and an application form please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only Forward Education Trust Teaching Application forms will be accepted; we will not read accompanying Curriculum Vitae (CV) or accept them instead of an application form.
The Bridge School is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate must promote this ethos. Enhanced DBS clearance is required for this post. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Please click on the link to apply!