Teacher for Children with Special Educational Needs for Brays School
Based at our Brays School Tile Cross Site
2 Fixed Term Maternity Cover
1 post September 2019 to April 2020 1 post October 2019 to April 2020
Pay Scales - MPR/ UPR + 1 point SEN
Brays Special School, Brays Road, Sheldon, Birmingham, B26 1NS (administration address)
Required Sept 2019 & Oct 2019
Brays School, a Forward Education Trust School, specialises in the education of primary-aged pupils with a range of diagnosis. The School is split across two sites, one of which caters for those with a diagnosis on the Autistic Spectrum; the other site takes children with a range of physical, learning and sensory difficulties.
Due to maternity cover, two fixed term opportunities have arisen at our Tile Cross Site for an exceptional, highly motivated and skilful qualified class teacher. We would particularly welcome applicants with practical expertise in the following areas, Autistic spectrum condition and communication difficulties. The School has high standards of teaching and learning, and is committed to ensuring that all pupils achieve their full potential.
We can offer you:
- A commitment to support you in developing new skills through a wide range of professional development opportunities and experiences
- The opportunity to make a huge contribution to the education and lives of children who respond very positively to high quality teaching.
- A friendly and inclusive working environment
- An extensive rewards package offering discounts at hundreds of high street and on-line retailers and a wealth of wellbeing resources
You will offer us:
- A Teacher who is motivated and enthusiastic who has experience of working with children with special needs.
- Your commitment to engaging and inspiring our pupils and the ability to make a real difference to their learning.
- Your flexibility, commitment and excellent interpersonal skills
Forward Education Trust is a Multi Academy Trust comprising of Brays School, The Bridge School and Hallmoor School in Birmingham. Brays School also has a wider national remit and works with professionals across England and beyond through its varying roles as a National Teaching School.
Brays School is committed to providing continuous professional development for all staff. We offer a supportive, motivating and engaging working environment. Brays School is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate must promote this ethos.
Closing Date: Wednesday 22nd May 2019 - 3pm
Interviews dates to be confirmed.
If you are interested and would like to find out more, then we would like to meet you. Please contact the school to arrange an informal visit. For further details and an application form, please visit www.fet.ac email to firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role. Please note that only standard Forward Education Trust Application forms will be accepted, we will not read accompanying Curriculum Vitae (CV). Enhanced DBS clearance, Disqualification (regulations) 2009, prohibition checks and if overseas trained. Certificate of good conduct will need to be obtained if applicable prior to interview. If you do not hear from the school within 14 days of returning your application form to us, please assume that your application has not been shortlisted as unfortunately we are unable to write to unsuccessful applicants.
Please click on the link to apply!