Salary Range MPS/UPS + 1 SEN Allowance
Location - The Bridge, Coppice View Rd, Sutton Coldfield B73 6UE
Contract – Full time, Pemanent
All of the children who attend The Bridge School have a Statement of Special Educational Need or an Education and Health Care Plan. Our school educates approximately 90 children with complex and multiple needs. Children may have Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD) or a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Some children have additional needs including visual impairment and hearing impairment and behaviour difficulties. Children attending our school will usually require augmented and modified curriculum opportunities including an overarching mobility curriculum and a sensory experiential curriculum for our more profound learners. The Bridge School underpins all of its curriculum delivery through continually developing its communication work so that pupils may access their learning in a way personalised to their needs.
We are passionate about meeting the needs of those children with the most complex needs. Our staff provide a caring and safe learning environment and work in partnership with our parents and carers to ensure that all our children are able to reach their full potential.
We are looking for a highly effective creative and inspirational classroom practitioner to join The Bridge School, part of Forward Education Trust, a rapidly growing Multi Academy Trust established in 2017 serving special schools across the West Midland area. The successful candidate will be a highly skilled classroom teacher who is enthusiastic and motivated to help our students develop and reach their full potential.
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous teaching experience and skills of working with children across at least two key stages
- Have practical experience of working with children with complex special needs including those with autism and communication difficulties and profound, severe and moderate learning difficulties
- Have QTS status
- Be a team player
We can offer you:
- A commitment to support you in developing new skills through a wide range of professional development opportunities and experiences
- The opportunity to make a huge contribution to the education and lives of children who respond very positively to high quality teaching
- A dedicated leadership team committed to supporting our staff
You will offer us:
- A Teacher who is motivated and enthusiastic who has experience of working with children with special needs.
- Your commitment to engaging and inspiring our pupils and the ability to make a real difference to their learning.
- Your flexibility, commitment and excellent interpersonal skills.
Application forms and further details are available from http://www.fet.ac/vacancies/ or email email@example.com
Closing Date: Noon on Friday 15th May 2020
Interview Date: Within the week commencing Monday 18th May 2020
Please click on the link to apply!