Assistant Head Teacher for Brays School
Salary Range – Leadership Point L8 to L12
Start Date September 2019 or as soon as possible.
Administration address Brays Road Birmingham B26 1NS
Due to the retirement of one of our Senior Leadership Team, an exciting opportunity has arisen to appoint an inspirational and enthusiastic Assistant Head, to work with the newly appointed Head Teacher. The post will involve working across both sites, with the base site being dependant on the experience and skills of the appointed person.
The successful candidate will be an exemplary classroom teacher who is highly experienced, enthusiastic, and motivated to share in the leadership and management of our school.
Applicants will need to demonstrate recent experience of leading teaching in more than one phase.
The successful person will be expected to lead on key areas of the school improvement plan and take responsibility for some day-to-day running of the school as part of the leadership team. All leaders are expected to undertake the designated safeguarding lead qualification to keep our children safe. Expertise in effectively managing challenging behaviour management is essential.
Brays School, a Forward Education Trust School, specialises in the education of primary-aged pupils with a range of diagnosis. The School is split across two sites, one of which caters for those with a diagnosis on the Autistic Spectrum; the other site takes children with a range of physical, learning and sensory difficulties. The School has high standards of teaching and learning, and is committed to ensuring that all pupils achieve their full potential.
We can offer you:
- A commitment to support you in developing new skills through a wide range of professional development opportunities and experiences
- The opportunity to make a huge contribution to the education and lives of children who respond very positively to high quality teaching.
- A friendly and inclusive working environment
- An extensive rewards package offering discounts at hundreds of high street and on-line retailers and a wealth of wellbeing resources
You will offer us:
- Your considerable skill as a good/outstanding teacher who has experience of working with children with special needs.
- Your commitment to engaging and inspiring our pupils and the ability to make a real difference to their learning.
- Your flexibility, commitment and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Your ability to initiate and lead change in a positive way.
If you feel you possess these qualities, are passionate about working alongside pupils with SEND and would like to shape their futures at a progressive school, then we would like to hear from you. For further details and an application form, please visit our website or email to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is on Wednesday 3rd April 2019
Interviews dates – Friday 3rd May 2019 – 3pm
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role. Please note that only standard Forward Education Trust Application forms will be accepted, we will not read accompanying Curriculum Vitae (CV). Enhanced DBS clearance, Disqualification (regulations) 2009, prohibition checks and if overseas trained. Certificate of good conduct will need to be obtained if applicable prior to interview. If you do not hear from the school within 14 days of returning your application form to us, please assume that your application has not been shortlisted as unfortunately we are unable to write to unsuccessful applicants.
Forward Education Trust is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate must promote this ethos.
Please click on the link to apply!