Our Local Academy Councils
Each Local Academy Council is made up of eight representatives for each Academy who meet formally at least half termly and report to the Trust
- Head teacher
- Parent Representative x2
- Staff representative x2
- Trust appointed representatives x3
The Local Academy Council will work to the Trust’s scheme of delegation which outlines their powers and relationship with the Trust and its other employees
The Local Academy Councils must take due regard to staff and parental consultations for improvement within their settings
The Local Academy Council and the head teacher are charged with the following key areas of accountability:
- Keep the school educationally sound and safeguard all of its pupils
- Ensure all pupil groups, whatever their social or ethnic diversity, receive at least a good standard of education and are prepared for their next stage of education or life.
- Keep the school financial viable and practice fiscal management
- Comply with all legal and mandatory duties on schools
- Take due regard to the Trust ethos and vision and values and work in partnership with other settings within and outside the Trust
- Internally audit accounts annually through an independent auditor
- Provide its accounts annually to the Trust Board for scrutiny by a different independent auditor before submission to EFSA
- Comply with the regulations for financial reporting and delegation of duties as set out in the Supplementary Funding Agreement for the academy
- Provide business and education reports to, and if required attend, the Trust Board of Trustees on request
- Take note of all Advice Notes from the Trust relating to improvements or actions as directed
Brays School is a special day school. All pupils currently on role have a statement of special educational needs or an Education Health and Care Plan.
Brays School (Sheldon)
Brays Rd, Birmingham, B26 1NS
T: 0121 743 5730
Brays School (Tile Cross)
Leycroft Avenue, Birmingham, B33 9UF
T: 0121 566 6690
The Bridge School is a special day school. All pupils on role have a statement of special educational needs or an Education Health and Care Plan.
The Bridge School
Coppice View Road
T: 0121 464 8265
Hallmoor School is an all age range (4 to 19) Special School serving the needs of around 230 pupils presenting with a wide range of learning difficulties.
50 Scholars Gate
T: 0121 783 3972