The Brays Teaching School and Specialist Alliance is a partnership between some outstanding special schools across Birmingham. This designation entitles us to lead the training and professional development of school staff and build on existing strong partnerships between and beyond our schools. The members of the Alliance will be working in partnership to deliver high quality support for teachers and leaders at all stages in their careers. The Alliance will also work closely with local universities to offer the relevant training.
As a teaching school we work on each of the National College for Teaching & Leadership’s identified priorities: Initial Teacher Training (ITT), professional and leadership development, developing leadership potential, school to school support and peer review, brokering of SLEs and research and development.
To find out more about members of our Teaching School Alliance, please click here
The BIG 6
Teaching Schools are part of the government's drive to give schools more freedom and give increasing responsibility for managing the school's system. as well as offering support for their alliance, teaching schools will identify and co-ordinate expertise from across the alliance using the best teachers and leaders to improve outcomes for children.
Collaboration is at the heart of the teaching school model. All teaching schools are expected to work with a number of schools and other strategic partners to form a teaching school alliance. Working together, the alliance will deliver support for other schools in their wider network.
The Brays Teaching School and Specialist Alliance consists of a number of schools - (see About Us) to deliver support across the Alliance and beyond through The Big 6:
- Lead the development of school-led Initial Teacher Training (ITT) through School Direct (see Initial Teacher Training tab for further details)
- Lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development through Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Identify and develop leadership potential for succession planning through talent management
- Provide support for other schools - school-to-school support
- Designate and broker Specialist Leader of Education (SLEs)
- Engage in Research and Development activity (R&D) - see R & D tab for further details